Thursday, October 11, 2007

A little art...

Rather than paint a mural, J had the idea to paint canvasses, both small and large, for placement around the room. These are the small paintings which are complete at the moment. Each is an 8"x10" canvas painted in acrylic, and all follow the theme of some kind of "cute" bug. Another nice thing about this is that we've been able to involve friends and family in creating paintings. Even Dad-to-be got to get into the action.

J has a couple of 24"x36" canvasses that she's painting now. I'm looking forward to seeing those complete. I won't give away what they are at the moment but the idea is very cute.

Without further ado, here are the small paintings.

The first one here, of a dragonfly, was painted by our close friend, D.

The next one of a butterfly was painted by J's mom.

The bee and the ladybug were painted by J.

And finally, there is the caterpillar which I painted. I got to sign something as "Dad" for the very first time, which was cool. I've never painted anything before (unless you count watercolors in elementary school, or maybe latex paint on walls) so it was a fun afternoon of learning by doing.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Those paintings are great! We're planning on a bug theme for our babies room as well, I might have to take a little inspiration from you guys;)

S. said...

Those are great! How much would you charge for the bee and the ladybug? My M. is our bumblebee, and the baby is our ladybug.

Michelle said...

The paintings are awesome! I have no artistic talent AT ALL, but you have inspired me to give it a try:) I can't wait to see the rest of the nursery when you are all done.
Michelle

Anna said...

I love the artwork. You guys could sell those as a fundraiser- I would buy!!! This is my first time visiting your blog- I love it! Anna

Anna said...

Julie and Greg- it is time to play- you've been tagged!

Michelle said...

Those are wonderful and so, so, so cute! Love the colors.